Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers out there!  Time for us all to stop the busy rush of our lives for a moment, and reflect upon the sacrifices our mothers made for us.  The very fact that you are here upon the earth means that she gave birth to you, which was a sacrifice in and of itself.  Each of us entered mortality through a veil of blood and pain, suffered by our dear mothers.

My mother gave birth to me way back in 1973.  I was her second child, and she had five more after me.  How she took care of us all and stayed sane, I don't know.  I didn't really appreciate all the hardships mom suffered for us until I had kids of my own.  Cooking, cleaning, helping us with homework, remembering everyone's birthdays and holidays, taking extra jobs outside the home when money was tight to provide for us...when I think back, I see her as a tower of strength; a colossus striding the earth with endless energy. I thank the Lord I was blessed with such a wonderful mother.

I hope all of you take the time to think similar thoughts of your own mothers.  Even if you neglected to send a card or a present, at least give her a call (provided she is still around).  If she has past on, then spend some time in quiet reflection, and perhaps say a little prayer, thanking the Lord for her.

Have a wonderful day!






No comments:

Post a Comment