Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Making Dummies

Hello again World!

Some of you already know I just started sculpting.  Some of you may even know that I recently made a ventriloquist figure (or "dummy" as you non-ventriloquists call them).  What you may not know is that I just sold the first figure I ever made on eBay!

This is also the very first thing I've ever sold on eBay.  Nearly everybody I know is totally eBay savvy, but I've largely ignored it until recently.  However, I have to say that the whole thing went smoother than I expected.  Because of Pay Pal I got paid pretty fast.  The most difficult thing, I'd have to say, is mailing the figure.  My figure is BIG...about the size of a four year old child, with a much bigger head!  The box I put him in was 30" x 15", and weighed over 20 pounds.  And it cost nearly $70 to send!  Oh well. Small price to pay, since the figure was sold for a pretty sum.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that.

I've been working on my book, as I said last post, but I've been having enormous trouble deciding on two different versions of the Prologue.  I may post both unfinished versions and let you decide.  But, for now, I'll just keep writing and see which one sounds best.

Until then,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment